Welcome to Automattic!
We’re really excited that you’re joining our merry band of Automatticians! You’re part of a group of really talented and extremely nice people (if we do say so ourselves) and we’re super excited that you’re joining us.
Welcomemattic is your guide to surviving your first month at Automattic. We know it’s easy to get overwhelmed in the beginning. You’ll be a multi-channel online communications pro before you know it, but for now, think of Welcomemattic as the one-stop-shop for everything you need to get set up and connected to your new global network of co-workers.
Before you dive in, there are a few tenets that are central to the way we work together. We take them seriously, and you should too:
- Communication is oxygen. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or share your thoughts; we value open dialogue at Automattic. As a newbie, you have a fresh perspective that’s incredibly valuable, and we want to hear it.
- If it’s broken, fix it. Every Automattician is empowered to fix things when they see something broken—don’t worry, you won’t break the internet. Openness and transparency are the foundation of our culture.
- Iterate, iterate, iterate. Great products don’t spring fully-formed from the ether, they’re the result of collaboration, feedback, and constant refinement. Everything we create here comes from an iterative process designed to capture everyone’s best thinking.
- Help us help you. We care about making sure you’re set up for success, from having the computer equipment you need, to a comfy chair to sit in, to colleagues who will answer your questions and point you to information you need to know. If there’s something you need that will help you to work more efficiently, ask your team lead or HR Wrangler.
- Embrace diversity and work to be inclusive. We are a global company with folks in 97+ different countries speaking 124 different languages. It’s important to come to work within the context of embracing all that Automattic is. Learn more about our approach (resources, employee resource groups, context, etc.) to global diversity at Automattic.
Working here is more than just a job, and Automattic is more than just another tech company. Our work is central to what powers the web. We’re democratizing publishing and changing the world in real ways.
Next: Get Acquainted →