Woo Happiness Engineer
As a Woo Happiness Engineer, helping people is your passion. You’re inspired by a desire to educate and teach others about the possibilities of WordPress, WooThemes, and WooCommerce. Maybe you’ve developed your own support philosophy by reading books like Delivering Happiness or Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit. Perhaps you’re a contributor in an online support community such as the WooCommerce forums or WordPress.org forums.
Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
As a Woo Happiness Engineer, your day-to-day work will include:
- Answering customer support requests related to WooCommerce Core and Extensions and/or themes and plugins
- Troubleshooting customer sites and resolving product issues
- Identifying and reporting bugs
- Spotting and acting upon request trends and customer feedback
- Working to continuously improve all product and support channels
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support to our users
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members around the world
A Woo Happiness Engineer has:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Motivation to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of WordPress, WooCommerce, HTML, and CSS
Woo Happiness Engineers must be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us!
The WordPress.org and WooCommerce forums are fantastic places to gain the experience required for this position. If you are already active there, let us know! Send a link to your forum profile and we’ll check it out.
How to ApplyDoes this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply. If you're reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- Tell us about your experience with Woo products including WooCommerce and WooThemes.
- What online support communities have you contributed to? Link us to your profile there.
- What books have you read that have prepared you for a career with Automattic? What did you think of them?
- Are you driven to achieve? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life, personal or professional, that you’re proud of.