Technical Account Engineer
You love working with some of the most influential companies on the planet, and helping them get the most out of WordPress and our VIP program.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and clients, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You view companies as partners, and not just customers, and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing projects and timelines, and working with everyone from engineers to GMs and VPs of Sales.
In addition, you are:
- Comfortable with a high volume of communication and switching tasks at a moment’s notice
- Quick to resolve issues that pop up, and collaborate with developers
- An expert at distilling goals and wish-lists into concrete next steps
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Undaunted by managing risks in high stakes situations
- Excited by kick-off calls and getting everyone on the same page
- Experienced in working with WordPress or other web technology
The position entails managing partners post-sales through launch, and beyond. You’ll be the point person for their projects, as well as being an escalation point. This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run, and be able to communicate with both engineers and business people effectively. Software development and architecture experience will help you succeed, however coding is not in scope for this position. Some moderate travel is required – expect quarterly as a baseline.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.