Are you passionate about communicating ideas and products to potential users in creative and visually compelling ways? Are the ads your favorite part of the Super Bowl? As a marketing designer, you’ll work with the marketing and events team on advertising, promotion, and swag items for Automattic products and events.
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and beautifully branded advertising and marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You are comfortable with conceptualizing and assisting the creative direction of digital and offline marketing campaigns from initial market research to frontend implementation.
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record of improving conversion rates. Experience with A/B testing, especially on marketing sites, is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
How to ApplyDoes this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply. If you're reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following question in your email application:
- In one sentence, how would you promote WordPress.com to someone who isn’t familiar with the product?
- What one single design (that you can share a link or screenshot to) are you currently most proud of creating?