Head of Procurement
At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack, and many more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 1,900+ Automatticians in 90+countries speaking 106+ languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We’re looking for an outstanding Head of Procurement to join one of the most unique accounting groups in the world. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will lead a significant and newly created part of Automattic’s accounting team to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global, high-growth business.
The Head of Procurement will:
- Oversee all operational aspects of spend management including:
- Vendor sourcing: Responsible for identifying qualified vendors and the related due diligence, creation of and management of proposals, and identifying the needs of the business to communicate to the prospective vendor
- Negotiations: Owns the commercial terms of the contract, including pricing.
- Managing renewals: Maintain relevant performance and cost metrics, including industry benchmarks for our significant vendors, and create a proactive calendar to prospectively address upcoming contract activities.
- Own the systems and processes required to streamline purchasing: Streamline, implement, and manage the procurement process across the company, including eliminating vendor complexity and leveraging vendors, as appropriate. Leverage current systems (Tipalti and Teampay) and implement an automated process that sees the whole purchasing experience from sourcing to signature. This role will own the identification and implementation of the system and related processes. This also provides our businesses and divisions an outlet to address non-performance issues and conflicts with key vendors.
- Opportunity to build a function from the ground up with immediate impact and visibility from senior management.
- Drive operational efficiencies through automation establishing KPI’s
- Partner cross-functionally with corporate and business unit teams
- Design, implement and maintain process narratives, risk assessments, and internal controls compliant with SOX
- Continuously challenge and improve processes and procedures aimed at operational efficiencies, cost management, and reducing procurement workload currently on Business Unit and Functional leaders.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7-10 years of procurement experience
- You are a results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance, with a focus on SAAS contracting
- You have excellent verbal and written skills
- You are passionate about building a function from the ground up with the opportunity to create an immediate impact
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open-source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely.
#US #UK #EUROPE
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.