Growth Marketer, Lead-Gen, WooCommerce
Automattic is looking for a growth marketer with experience in B2B demand generation to help build a scalable program to acquire and nurture qualified leads for WooCommerce.
You will be part of a team focused on driving marketing sourced and influenced pipeline, and ultimately revenue, through both a self-service and Sales-guided buying journey.
In this role, you will combine knowledge of the B2B buying process with analytical and marketing skills to develop campaigns and automated nurture programs for leads, work closely with Sales to improve our end-to-end process for acquiring, nurturing, and closing leads, and guide the configuration of our marketing technology stack and its integration with Sales systems. You will analyze the performance of our entire lead-gen process and design and run experiments to improve key metrics across our target audiences, like lead quality, volume, velocity, and conversion.
- Develop, test, and iterate on programs to acquire and nurture qualified leads. You’ll need to think deeply about key moments in the purchase process where we can build and launch targeted automated nurture programs.
- Partner with our sales, customer marketing, and creative teams to determine how to identify users that fit our ideal customer profiles, support their decision process with useful content, and improve the quality of marketing qualified leads.
- Partner with customer marketers and data scientists to design, launch, and analyze A/B/n and multivariate experiments to improve performance throughout the funnel.
- Guide the requirements and setup of our martech stack to support effective lead generation, nurture, and routing.
- Own and execute on your ideas – from writing draft copy to launching nurture programs.
- Measure, track, and provide detailed reporting on our lead generation efforts.
- Analyze customer and product data and external research to inform your initiatives.
- Have prior marketing experience in B2B demand generation.
- Have worked closely with B2B sales organizations and understand their strategy for managing pipeline and closing deals, processes, and support requirements.
- Know how to develop data-informed, highly-targeted automated campaigns within an enterprise-level marketing automation platform.
- Understand the principles and statistical concepts behind A/B/n and multivariate testing and have experience using them to improve marketing performance.
- Are comfortable analyzing large data sets using SQL, pivot tables, and other tools to develop hypotheses to inform future tactics and campaign ideas.
- Are a robust, proactive communicator comfortable managing multiple priorities.
- Take a hands-on approach to getting things done and hold yourself and others accountable.
How to Apply
Sound exciting? Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
In your cover letter, please let us know what you can bring to the team AND please answer the following question:
What challenges would you expect to face working within an open-source product ecosystem, and how would you overcome these?
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.