Director of Product, WooCommerce Onboarding & Activation
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for an experienced Product Director that will shape the future of the WooCommerce onboarding experience – for merchants, agencies, and developers.
As the Product Director covering this major product area, you will lead cross-functional teams and drive strategic direction for WooCommerce onboarding experiences – across WooCommerce.com, our core product, and other inbound channels. This includes defining rich and relevant journeys for SMB and Builder audiences. You will use customer research and aggregated data to help ensure we surface the right content, guidance, and product recommendations to ensure a user’s first ten minutes with Woo are engaging and valuable. You will help us establish leading indicators for store success and drivers of churn, in parallel to growing subscriber conversion and reducing time to first sale.
- Are customer-obsessed; passionate about inspiring users and offering memorable online experiences.
- Understand the importance of balancing analysis with empathy – with equal interest in analyzing funnels and appealing to customers’ emotional journeys.
- Bring enthusiasm for evolving a global commerce platform.
- Measure the success of your work based on results.
- Know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces; can plan iteratively and have an experimental approach, responding to customer or market changes as needed.
- Collaborate with Woo Leadership, Engineering, and Design Directors to set vision and strategy for our onboarding experience. Drive ambitious OKRs toward establishing our products as the top option for Woo users.
- Lead Design and Engineering teams in a high-growth business and organization. Define and implement a focused product roadmap. Facilitate debate; influence prioritization; inspire contribution.
- Talk to our customers – merchants, developers, and shoppers – to understand their onboarding needs. Use interviews, internal data, market feedback, and your intuition to define the most valuable problems worth solving. Maintain product and discovery backlogs. Validate product direction through testing and MVPs.
- Increase our success in aiding our customers’ success through improving product experiences, customer satisfaction scores, product attach rates, and usage.
- Rally team input and cross-functional alignment through quarterly planning processes. Maintain an efficient cadence for collaborating with other leads throughout the product life cycle. Advocate for projects, secure the right resources for success, and raise to leadership when goals are at risk.
- Oversee product performance, track metrics, and report progress.
- 10+ years in the tech industry, with 4+ years of experience focused on onboarding and activation.
- 3+ years of people management experience, with hiring and growth responsibilities.
- 4+ years of experience delivering results in activation, including 3+ years in a product leadership role. Running large scale and/or global launches is a plus.
- A consistent record of launching great products and driving results.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, at the right level of detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating and unpacking customer problems.
- Flexibility with decision-making in data-rich and data-poor situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.