Improve the quality of the WordPress.com and Jetpack customer experience by continually testing, dogfooding, and advocating quality across Automattic. Work closely with product teams to provide fast feedback, and take ownership to transform customer feedback into product improvements. Tasks range from crafting automated UI tests, tools, and frameworks for confident deployments to effective bug tracking, flow mapping, and exploratory testing. All to support frequent and pain-free product launches.
- Test early, test often.
- Are motivated to shape QA in a continuous deployment, distributed, open source environment.
- Triage efficiently, organizing issues by the highest impact and closing the loops.
- Have experience with automated web testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, especially with high-traffic web applications.
- Node.js experience: we use Mocha, WebDriverJs and CircleCI presently and extensively, yet we’re always open to using the best tools to get the job done.
- Automated visual regression testing experience with services such as Applitools or Percy.io.
- Involvement with open source projects, such as WordPress Testing.
- Experience testing and automating native mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience with user/usability testing, and beta testing, whether formally or informally.
You exist to create a healthy tension:
A healthy development team was one that had engineers doing their best to build a great product. These engineers were paired with a team of QA engineers who were doing their best to prove the product wasn’t great.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.