Improve the quality of the WordPress.com experience through testing and triage. Your work will inform product teams to act on the top priority issues facing our users. Tasks include automated UI testing, creating and executing test plans, effective issue tracking and triage, and identifying and monitoring quality metrics.
- Test early, test often.
- Are motivated to shape QA in a continuous deployment environment.
- Triage efficiently, organizing issues by highest impact.
- Have experience with UI functional testing tools such as Selenium or PhantomJS, especially with high-traffic web applications or websites.
- Open source involvement, such as with Flow Patrol.
- PHP, REST API, and backend programming experience.
- Knowledge of native mobile testing for iOS and Android.
- Experience with usability testing, whether formal or informal.
You exist to create a healthy tension:
A healthy development team was one that had engineers doing their best to build a great product. These engineers were paired with a team of QA engineers who were doing their best to prove the product wasn’t great.