Improve the quality of the WordPress.com experience through testing and prioritization. Work closely with product teams to provide fast feedback, enable confident deploys, and take action to transform customer feedback into product improvements. Tasks include automated UI testing, effective issue tracking, and manual/exploratory testing for pain-free product launches.
- Test early, test often.
- Are motivated to shape QA in a continuous deployment environment.
- Triage efficiently, organizing issues by highest impact.
- Have experience with UI functional testing tools such as Selenium or PhantomJS, especially with high-traffic web applications or websites.
- Open source involvement, such as with Flow Patrol.
- PHP, REST API, and backend programming experience.
- Knowledge of native mobile testing for iOS and Android.
- Experience with usability testing, whether formal or informal.
You exist to create a healthy tension:
A healthy development team was one that had engineers doing their best to build a great product. These engineers were paired with a team of QA engineers who were doing their best to prove the product wasn’t great.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.