We are looking for a passionate candidate to help execute sponsorships and engagement activities at conferences, WordCamps, workshops, hackathons, and other special events. As an Events Wrangler, you will be part of a team focused on creating awareness, building relationships, and enhancing the user experience. In this role you will be a community ambassador for Automattic and WordPress.com. You’ll be deeply responsible for how the brand is presented and that representation is executed at events around the globe.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Building a diverse calendar of events spanning user type and geographic locale.
- Liaising with organizers to create an engaging presence both online and onsite.
- Working on all aspects of logistics — everything from organizing staff to building a booth to planning an agenda.
- Creation of marketing collateral, signage, engagement activities, and swag giveaways.
- Evaluating results for ROI and using learnings to develop growth opportunities.
This role requires:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in marketing and communications.
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle an array of tasks.
- Knowledge of WordPress and a basic understanding of computer development, design, and programming languages.
- Ability to work with vendors, negotiate packages, and review contracts.
- A flexible schedule that allows frequent travel and occasional weekend work.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following question in your email application:
- In one sentence, how would you promote WordPress.com to someone who isn’t familiar with the product?
- What one event are you currently most proud of executing?