Trust and Safety Wrangler
Our goal at Automattic is to democratize publishing. A key part of this requires providing a safe and trusted publishing platform for our passionate and engaged communities. To help with these efforts we’re looking for an experienced Trust & Safety Wrangler to join our team. You’ll be at the cross-section of some of the web’s most relevant and impactful issues. Your work will contribute to improvements in everything from our user experience to how we create a welcoming, creative community on the web.
Your primary focus will be content review and acting as a point of contact for incoming legal process related to user-generated content. This involves a variety of work, including mature content reports, intellectual property disputes, and law enforcement requests. Your on-the-ground experience in these areas will contribute to policy decisions, improving internal processes, examining trends, communicating with outside partners, and working with multiple teams across Automattic.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Extensive experience in online safety, policy development, and crisis management.
- Experience working within a larger (20+ person) Trust & Safety team at a medium-to-large web platform.
- An interest in—and deep understanding of—current policy issues impacting the internet, privacy, and freedom of speech.
- Experience with legal matters related to intellectual property, information disclosure, and content removal.
- An ability to communicate nuanced and complex issues in clear, straightforward terms.
- Comfort with collaboration across a globally distributed, multicultural team.
- Familiarity with Automattic’s suite of products and their associated communities.
Fluent and eloquent written English is required. And if you’re fluent in additional languages, notably Korean, Arabic, and German, be sure to let us know.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
We are not currently accepting applications for this position. If you are interested in the role, please bookmark this page and check back for updates.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.