Technical Project Manager
The WordPress project is supported by a vibrant community of volunteers who are passionate about open source technology. We are looking for someone to join our Automattic team dedicated to aiding the efforts of the WordPress open source system (OSS), specifically around technical development. You will develop and implement strategies for the benefit of the core WordPress project, promoting development and involvement across the WordPress ecosystem, wielding both communication and technical expertise.
- You are passionate about contributing to the WordPress OSS.
- You are experienced in technical project management.
- You love collaborating in code reviews.
- You are familiar with WordPress and its nuances.
- You enjoy the coordination required for software development and releases.
- You can see opportunities for cross-functional collaboration, such as in communication and PR.
- You’re motivated to help your teammates become more productive.
- You’re passionate about refining tooling for faster builds.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in open source or other communities.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please make sure to attach a cover letter answering the questions below and telling us about yourself. Make sure to attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about an interesting app / digital product you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?
What to Expect
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations up front about what to expect from our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!