Are you searching for a place where your systems-thinking skills can mate well with emerging learnings around creation and consumption of digital media? What if that place, weren’t a physical location or building — but existed completely online and you could work at from anywhere in the world? As a Product Designer at Automattic, you work on highly technical problems that seek humanizing for 27% of the Internet. We’re looking for a few accomplished Product Designers who seek to keep the Web free and open together with us.
Here are a few of the skills we value:
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant product design work, across various channels including web and mobile, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You are familiar with Android’s Material Design and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design.
- You have experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed (not data-driven) approach to design.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other designers to ensure user goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
All of our jobs require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.