The secret to our sauce? Combining high technology with great design. As a Product Designer at Automattic, you’ll develop your original ideas from half-formed thoughts into services used by millions of people. You’ll be a creative force in a small interdisciplinary team, responsible not just for what a product looks like but for how it works.
Here are a few of the skills we value:
- Experience designing web or native apps. Your work shows a focused, user-centered approach to design.
- A talent for giving and receiving criticism, and an appreciation of its importance in the creative process.
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed (not data-driven) approach to design.
- Familiarity with Android’s Material Design and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design.
- Fluency in front-end code (HTML & CSS).
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself. Include your résumé and a link to a succinct portfolio of your work. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include the following in your email application:
What one single design (that you can share a link to) are you currently most proud of creating?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying and information about our fantastic benefits.
So, in summary: please e-mail us your letter with only one document attached (your résumé with your first and last name in the file’s title) and all other information provided as links (with any related info that we’ll need to access the content).