Are you searching for a place where your systems-thinking skills can mate well with emerging learnings around creation and consumption of digital media? What if that place, weren’t a physical location or building — but existed completely online and you could work at from anywhere in the world? As a Product Designer at Automattic, you work on highly technical problems that seek humanizing for 27% of the Internet. We’re looking for a few accomplished Product Designers who seek to keep the Web free and open together with us.
Here are a few of the skills we value:
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant product design work, across various channels including web and mobile, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You are familiar with Android’s Material Design and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design.
- You have experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed (not data-driven) approach to design.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other designers to ensure user goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
All of our jobs require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself. Include your résumé and a link to a succinct portfolio of your work. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include the following in your email application:
What one single design (that you can share a link to) are you currently most proud of creating?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying and information about our fantastic benefits.
So, in summary: please e-mail us your letter with only one document attached (your résumé with your first and last name in the file’s title) and all other information provided as links (with any related info that we’ll need to access the content).