Product Designer, Mobile
The mobile design team is a small army of designers who are leading the charge into a mobile world with a battle cry of “Mind the Mobile”. We are in need of another designer to help push that mission forward, elevate the user experience for our customers, and contribute positive energy to an effective mobile design team.
What you’ll be doing:
Objective #1: Design and improve world-class mobile apps to help bloggers and small businesses be more successful on the go.
- Design: You’ll design at all levels of fidelity for mobile, including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a mobile product at scale — taking into consideration the full customer journey and product experience.
- Android: You’ll use your deep knowledge of Google’s Material Design Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design, to design consistent experiences for these platforms. You probably use an Android phone as your primary mobile device.
- Communicate: You’ll effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and design rationale in written form as well as verbally and visually to gain alignment and move the work forward.
- Research: You will coordinate and conduct user interviews and usability testing. You’ll also partner with researchers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define user problems and needs based on this research.
- Execute: You’ll work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for our merchants.
- Iterate & Validate: You’ll iterate on designs according to research, data analysis, and feedback, validating your work with data and real users.
Objective #2: Contribute to user interface design process and practices at Automattic.
- Grow Our Design Community: You’ll collaborate with other members of the design team by giving feedback to continually improve each other’s work, and the design process itself.
- Evolve Our Design Process: You’ll help improve our design system and process by actively connecting with other designers across the company.
Have you done this before?
Do you have extensive experience building and improving upon comprehensive mobile products with a cross functional team at scale?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and answers to the following:
– Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the role.
– What is the mobile product design accomplishment that you are most proud of?
– Tell us about a time when something came up in research for a mobile project that changed your early thoughts on how to approach the design.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.