Senior Content Strategist
What you’ll be doing:
Objective #1: Develop product-specific content, voice, and tone guide for WordPress.com based on ongoing design and brand work.
- Complete a content inventory for the WordPress.com product, working closely with the design and product leads, as well as our Editorial team.
- Get organizational buy-in, using top negotiation and selling skills to energize designers and developers about the new system.
- Prioritize and communicate the top areas of impact in this work.
- Develop the preliminary content system, based on the team’s research.
- Work with the Design System and Editorial teams to develop documentation for the content system in a remote, writing-heavy work environment.
- Coordinate the rollout of content system, and follow up with qualitative and quantitative assessment of its success.
- Refine and iterate on the system based on feedback from product teams and analysis.
Objective #2: Establish product content strategy as part of the design process at Automattic.
- Collaborate with design teams to ensure that content requirements are always top of mind during projects.
- Establish a content testing, review, and governance process for design teams.
- Communicate the value and vision for content strategy work using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Empower everyone at Automattic to craft great content by contributing to internal training, learn-ups, and other resources.
Have you done this before?
Do you have extensive experience building up content strategy as a discipline in a large, fast-growing organization? Are you a Content Strategy leader with experience getting your hands-dirty building up product content systems?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and a half-page write-up answering the following question:
What is the product content strategy accomplishment that you are most proud of?
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.