At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 700+ Automatticians in 62 countries speaking 79 languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
On the operations team, we work hard every single day to ensure that Automattic has what it needs to produce the best product for our users. And we’re looking for an extraordinary payroll wrangler who can work in one of the most unique and interesting operations groups in the world. You will work alongside Automattic’s Accounting and HR teams to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global business.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re great at preparing and processing semi-monthly and monthly payrolls in accordance with all payroll schedules globally (predominantly the US, but also Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, and Australia).
- You can lead all calendar year-end activities to ensure accurate issuance of W2 statements and related payroll tax filings.
- You can handle all employee record updates ensuring changes are entered correctly and on time.
- You work well with related teams (HR, Legal, Accounting) to ensure proper flow of employee data and classification.
- You have strong payroll related data analysis and reporting skills.
- You can serve as subject matter expert on payroll issues.
- You feel comfortable taking lead roles in special projects.
- You love developing and updating policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, tell us about the following:
- What’s an interesting and complex problem that you had with a payroll vendor? Briefly, what was the problem and how did you solve it? How did you ensure it didn’t happen again?
- In your experience, what country has been the most challenging to implement payroll process in and maintain?
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status.