Partner Manager for WooCommerce Marketplace
As Partner Manager your responsibility will be to build deeper relationships with the developers selling through the WooCommerce.com Marketplace, working towards growing revenue, increasing the number of products and developers on our Marketplace and making WooCommerce.com the one-stop-shop for all things WooCommerce.
- Oversee relationships with Marketplace Developers to strengthen our product offering by helping them improve their products and support, and helping new extensions join our Marketplace.
- Conduct proactive outreach to developers and products that would make a useful addition to our Marketplace.
- Coordinate marketing for Marketplace Developer products.
- Coordinate communication with Marketplace Developers, from individual requests to outgoing emails, blog posts and documentation.
- Evaluate and execute on requests from Marketplace Developers, including pricing changes.
- Design processes that enable the team to scale, from improving how new developers get started with their first product to designing ways to provide data and feedback at scale to Marketplace Developers.
- 3-5 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building relationships with developer or launching products.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- Excellent communication; you’re detail-oriented, punctual, and ensure follow-through.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
We’re a distributed company with more than 650 Automatticians in 59 countries speaking 79 different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? Tell us about a lesser known, or underrated, business tool—a service, website, app, or even a spreadsheet function—that you use often and love (and why you do).