Mobile Infrastructure Engineer
Take WordPress, Simplenote, and other native apps for iOS and Android to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are on their iOS and Android devices, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- Enjoy collaborating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are motivated to make your teammates more productive.
- Enjoy tooling for faster builds, a reliable CI, and automated code reviews.
- Have experience with build systems for both iOS and Android.
- Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with XCUI / Espresso, performance testing, unit testing, and device farms is a plus.
- PHP, REST API, and WordPress backend programming experience.
- Experience with mobile development for iOS and/or Android.
- Familiar with Electron app development, or packaging and distribution.
- Experience with React Native development.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in open source or other communities.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about an interesting app you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products, or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?