Mobile Infrastructure Engineer
We want you to help us take WordPress, Simplenote, and other native apps for iOS and Android to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are on their mobile devices, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- You are passionate about releasing software reliably and on schedule so that your teammates can focus on building great apps.
- You love collaborating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- You’re motivated to help your teammates become more productive.
- You’re passionate about refining tooling for faster builds, a reliable CI, and automated code reviews.
- You have extensive experience with build systems for both Android and iOS.
- You’re knowledgeable about design patterns and testability – experience with XCUI / Espresso, performance testing, unit testing, and device farms is a plus.
- PHP, REST API, and WordPress backend programming experience.
- Experience with mobile development for iOS and/or Android.
- Familiar with Electron app development, or packaging and distribution.
- Experience with React Native development.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in open source or other communities.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about an interesting app you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products, or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?