Take WordPress, Simplenote, and other native apps for iOS and Android to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are on their iOS and Android devices, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
- Collaborative in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- Accomplished in Android and/or iOS software development; Swift and/or Kotlin experience is definitely a plus.
- Knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with XCUI / Espresso, performance testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- Thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- UI design skills and knowledge of platform design specifications.
- PHP, REST API, and WordPress backend programming experience.
- Data analysis experience, and how analytics can influence product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in Open source or other communities.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please take the opportunity in your cover email to talk about an interesting app you’ve worked on. What made it interesting? We’d also be interested in how you use our products or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
Don’t forget to include any questions you have for us!