Marketing Data Analyst
Automattic is looking for a data analyst to join the marketing team. You will distill data into actionable insights to guide our customer marketing and retention strategy as well as inform product development efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain standardized reporting on key metrics across the customer lifecycle.
- Develop customer segmentation models to inform tailored, multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to better understand customer behavior, needs, and individual test results.
- Partner with other analysts and developers to increase data accessibility across the organization.
- Design a process for prioritizing and communicating data requests and priorities.
- Are proficient in SQL and Excel.
- Have experience with web analytics platforms such as: Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, or Mixpanel.
- Have experience working with marketing teams to deliver analyses and answer business questions.
- Are able to communicate data in a way that is easy to understand and presents clear recommendations.
- Are highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers and creatives to discuss data, strategy and tests.
- Have excellent prioritization and communication skills.
- Ideally, have web development experience (though not required).
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. It’s not a requirement that you live in or relocate to the Bay Area to do this job.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address some or all of following points in your application:
- If you were doing the job described above, how would you approach evaluating the effectiveness of an email campaign designed to improve retention?
- Tell us about an experience you’ve had using data to inform product or marketing decisions.