VP, Customer Marketing, WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re an open-source solution that allows users to customize every part of an online store. We have a huge footprint, but we’re a small company. That means everyone here has the opportunity to make a visible, profound, and lasting difference while helping store owners that rely on WooCommerce every day.
This is an exciting time to join our to help shape the future of commerce! As the VP of Customer Marketing, you’ll head the customer marketing groups and lead three sub-teams to success. Customer Marketing at WooCommerce is a multidisciplinary team that comprises Product Marketing, Community Marketing, and Partner Marketing.
- Mine deep customer insights to deliver world-class growth strategies and infuse the voice of the customer across the organization through constant interaction with merchants, developers, and advocates
- Own GTM across the total organization, driving planning, coordination, execution and tracking results
- Nurture and activate advocates within one of the most robust communities on the planet
- Own and direct GTM for all product releases with the Product Marketing team
- Translate company objectives into a GTM strategy, allocation of resources, and execution plans, ensure that execution is on-plan and accountable to results
- Oversee research and analysis of channel, customer and product data to uncover meaningful insights and opportunities that lead to growth
- Communicate and evangelize customer insights across product teams and the larger organization.
- Direct partner strategy and execution to improve partner revenue growth while strategically leading and nurturing relationships
- Direct strategies and resources for nurturing and empowering the WooCommerce merchant and developer communities worldwide
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing to identify near- and short-term opportunities to increase user and revenue growth along with advocacy through experimentation and tooling
- Collaborate with Creative to build and deploy content strategies to support growth through product, growth activities, and community engagement
- Have 10+ years of experience in marketing within tech companies, with 5+ years leading product and/or partner and community marketing teams.
- Are a robust, proactive communicator comfortable with leading multiple priorities.
- Experience with fast-growing organizations and teams is a plus.
- Have extensive experience developing B2B marketing strategy across diverse segments including SMB and developers.
- Have excellent qualitative research skills and experience with quantitative research and analysis, and significant experience using these data sources to develop strategy.
- Strong experience with external and internal cross functional organization and collaboration, i.e. experience leading partner and community relationships.
- A bias toward collaboration! Excitement to share your expertise with the team shows up in attention, diligence, and communication.
HOW TO APPLY
Sounds exciting? Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, please let us know what you can bring to the team.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.