Trust and Safety | Interest Form
We’re looking for a few great Trust & Safety professionals.
Automattic is looking for absolutely world-class Trust & Safety professionals.
Is this you?
- Motivated by impact and leaving the internet a better place than you found it.
- Deep interest in content moderation, policy development, and crisis management.
- Up on all the latest in internet policy topics such as freedom of speech, intellectual property, child safety, online extremism, and government requests.
- Prefer taking a common-sense approach to problem solving and making great judgements rather than following binary formulas.
- Excited by the idea of communicating nuanced and complex issues in clear, straightforward terms.
- Familiar with Automattic’s suite of products like Tumblr and WordPress.com.
- Dedicated to human rights, online safety, and freedom of expression.
If that’s you, you’ll love this:
Our goal at Automattic is to democratize publishing. A key part of this mission is providing safe and trusted publishing platforms for our passionate and engaged communities.
Within our Trust & Safety teams, you’ll be at the cross-section of some of the web’s most relevant and impactful issues. Your efforts will contribute to improvements in everything from our user experience to how we create welcoming, creative communities online.
Our primary focus is on reviewing reports of potentially violative user-generated content on our platforms. This includes related responsibilities such as responding to child safety issues, resolving intellectual property disputes, and fielding law enforcement requests. We’re also regularly evolving our content policies, improving internal processes, examining content trends, and communicating with multiple teams across Automattic.
We are a globally distributed team, and where you live doesn't matter.
We believe in the value of diverse perspectives coming together towards a common aim, and if you work here, you’ll be sharpening your skills around critical analysis, eloquent communication, and an open-minded approach to problem solving.