Sr. Sales Operations Manager (Tumblr)
Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need intelligent, low ego, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us!
Tumblr is seeking a Senior Sales Operations Manager to join our new Revenue Operations Team supporting advertising sales. This role will report to the Head of Revenue Operations, and will provide the operational support and ownership of our CRM (Salesforce).
You will handle reporting and insights of the sales cycle, be the primary point of contact for Salesforce upkeep and integrity, and drive the long term success of our Salesforce Roadmap Plan.
This role is a high value business partner to the sales organization, enabling revenue growth and sales efficiency through effective methodologies, process improvements, and data analysis and insights. There is opportunity for growth as we expand outside of the US into a global business.
CRM and Process Management
- Manage day-to-day tasks in Salesforce such as hygiene, running reports and analysis, and working with Salesforce support to troubleshoot and build additional needs
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling team with simplified processes
- Build lead qualification processes and support business marketing functions to drive and track inbound leads
- Train sales team on new tools and processes, and onboard new sellers
- Propose and build processes to support sales and the business
Reporting and Analysis
- Track and analyze key performance metrics including pipeline growth, lead and win rate conversions, quota attainment, activity drivers, and booked and forecasted revenue
- Provide data driven decisions and recommendations for improving the sales funnel and process
- Improve the reliability of sales forecasts and sales effectiveness
- Work with ad ops and yield ops to identify and enable areas of sales growth
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue reporting and forecasting to leadership and finance
Solutions & Tools
- Partner with the Head of Revenue Operations to deliver against the Salesforce Roadmap Plan to build out full functionality of Salesforce
- Integrate new solutions and systems
- Drive the success of the Salesforce Roadmap Plan by working with external vendors to implement solutions and system integrations including, but not limited to billing systems (NetSuite), ad servers, and additional Salesforce apps
- Partner with teams across Automattic to maximize existing contracts and solutions to support Salesforce and sales operations needs
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales operations or analyst roles, preferably in the publisher or platform advertising sales industry working directly with sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, business related field preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Proficient in Salesforce Sales Cloud. Preferred, but not required experience in additional Salesforce solutions and apps such as Pardot, Service Cloud, and Advendio, or system integrations with NetSuite and ad servers
- Analytical and insights driven, able to provide recommendations to leadership to improve and optimize performance
- Deep understanding of the advertising sales industry and nuance of revenue recognition
- Ability to understand high level sales strategies, and translate them into system and process requirements
- Enjoys partnering and collaborating with leadership, and able to confidently present their recommendations and ideas
- A self starter and doer, someone who is able to roll up their sleeves, but understands the big picture
- Has a startup mentality, but enjoys working in a more established company
- Project management experience a plus
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.