Senior Partner Marketer, WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web, an open-source solution that allows users to customize every part of an online store. We partner with many well-known brands such as Google, Mailchimp, Pinterest, Stripe and PayPal, integrating their services with WooCommerce to provide all the tools businesses need to run and grow their online stores.
This is an exciting time to join WooCommerce to help shape the future of commerce. As a Senior Partner Marketing Manager, you’ll be the bridge between our technology partners, business development, marketing and the rest of WooCommerce.
In this role, you’ll own and manage how these partners are promoted to WooCommerce customers using a mix of our owned channels (e.g., woocommerce.com, email, in-product notifications). You’ll lead the program, coordinating with channel specialists within the marketing team to execute on commitments. You will work directly with top tier partners to build relationships, define and execute on mutual growth goals, and collaborate on new co-marketing initiatives.
We have a huge footprint, but we’re a small company. That means everyone here has the opportunity to make a visible, profound, and lasting difference while helping the store owners that rely on WooCommerce everyday.
- Work on our partner marketing program, including:
- Ensuring strategic alignment with the broader business goals.
- Optimizing the program to improve partner revenue.
- Refining and articulating the value proposition.
- Collaborate with our business development team to negotiate contractual marketing obligations with our partners, demonstrating the value that we bring to the table.
- Keep an eye on the bigger picture to ensure that campaigns are not in conflict with our interests, or obligations to other partners within Automattic.
- Coordinate and oversee all partner marketing campaigns end-to-end, ensuring that all requirements and deadlines are met, including:
- Setting the right strategy and goals in consultation with partners.
- Project management, coordinating with our channel specialists.
- Post-campaign reporting and analysis.
- Liaise with partners to cultivate strong relationships and a spirit of collaboration.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for reciprocal marketing from our partners.
- Have experience working directly with partners or clients to execute and craft the strategy and messaging behind multi-channel digital marketing campaigns.
- Have a results-orientated, analytical approach to marketing.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of web analytics and digital marketing channels (email marketing, display advertising, paid search, and content marketing) and would be comfortable interpreting and analyzing results from campaigns.
- Are an excellent negotiator.
- Are a highly proficient multitasker, strong in both strategy and execution.
- Have extensive experience managing projects and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Love bringing order to chaos: crafting structure and building processes.
How To Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.