Senior Frontend Engineer (Vue.js)
You live in the niche between developer and product designer. You have keen design instincts, and an ability to simplify data-rich interfaces until the data speaks for itself. You are passionate about understanding customer problems and developing the software to solve them. You use tools like Figma, InVision, Vue.js and D3.js.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Creatively sketch and design new product features.
- Prototype new features and carry them through to production.
- Write Vue.js code using the best practices.
- Design novel interface implementations and data visualizations.
- Analyze customer usage data to improve shipped features.
AN IDEAL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- 5+ years experience in technology.
- A preference for self-sufficient productivity.
- Experience creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Proficiency with tools like Figma or InVision.
- Experience with Vue.js, or a desire to learn Vue.js.
- Some basic knowledge of other SPA frameworks (e.g. React, Angular).
- Comfort with git, the command line, and Python.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- A customer focused mindset with a strong desire to ship.
A NOTE ABOUT AUTOMATTIC & BENEFITS
In February 2021, Parse.ly was acquired by Automattic's enterprise software division, WPVIP. Automattic is one of the biggest champions of open source and the open web, and also one of the top fully distributed employers in the world. Though you will interview for the Parse.ly team within WPVIP and Automattic, if you receive a job offer, it will be to become an Automattician, which means having colleagues who observe the Automattic creed and getting access to Automattic's excellent employee benefits. Your benefits will include:
- Time off: Our open vacation policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to help you to be at your best! There is no minimum or maximum, but we encourage you to take at least 25 days of time off per year.
- Health care: Automattic pays 100% of plan premiums for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and eligible dependents.
- 401K: 100% match on your contributions up to 6% of annual earnings. You’re eligible to participate in Automattic’s 401(k) plan on your first day of employment. Match is fully vested from day one.
- Parental leave: Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
Automattic's benefits can vary by location. The above describes US-based staff. See our benefits based on where you are in the world.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.