Director of Integrated Marketing, WordPress.org
At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey to support our contributions to the open source WordPress project!
WordPress is a free and open source content management system that powers over 42% of the web. The WordPress project is supported by a vibrant community of volunteers who are passionate about open-source technology. We are looking for someone to join our Automattic team, as an Integrated Marketing Lead, dedicated to the WordPress project.
The successful candidate will own Integrated Marketing and Marketing Operations. This individual will identify key levers of growth for each market segment, communicate these levers across the marketing team and optimize conversion points across the customer journey to drive end-user and contributor growth. This leader will cultivate a team that understands the inter-connectivity of marketing strategy, execution, and measurement to achieve results. You will be an experienced strategic marketer and will lead an outstanding, data-driven, and innovative team supporting operational excellence across all marketing functions.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and implement an integrated marketing strategy. Build and implement campaigns and programs to drive end-user and contributor growth. Manage the integrated marketing calendar.
- Work tightly with cross-functional teams to drive planning cadences and methodologies.
- Drive the yearly and quarterly cross-functional, integrated campaign/program planning process.
- Oversee end-to-end digital marketing strategy across owned and paid media, including email, social, SEO/SEM.
- Manage product marketing efforts to ensure consistent and effective execution of campaigns and programs that get results.
- Align closely with the Strategic Initiatives and Programs & Contributor Experience teams to facilitate a pipeline of contributors to the open source project.
- Identify and present key trends and opportunities for growth.
- Understand market needs and priorities through end-user/contributor interaction, surveys, and market data and identify ways to uniquely meet them.
- Assess the competitive landscape, understand our key competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and develop strategies and plans to win.
- Outline and lead the journey from awareness to retention for end-users and contributors.
- Work collaboratively to facilitate the promotion of key activity including events and educational programs.
- Manage the budget needed to achieve targets for each campaign/activity.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team on what campaigns/activities are resonating best with the market, outlining the messages we should double down on and which we should change for better outcomes moving forward.
- Assist with the annual marketing planning, helping to ensure that marketing's goals are consistently aligned with the overall strategy.
- Lead a Marketing Operations function that drives performance and visibility (i.e., processes, metrics and analytics, campaign execution and results tracking, return on investment, data health, etc.).
- Implement the process of building reports and dashboards that give full insight into the overall marketing performance on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Help set strategy, routinely re-evaluate assumptions, data, and processes, and proactively identify new opportunities to excel or differentiate. Craft detailed and concrete recommendations.
What You Need to be Successful
- 10+ years of experience with multi-channel campaign and program execution, integrated and digital marketing strategy, and operations.
- Experience in a role requiring thorough analytical problem solving and partner management.
- Proven experience with the successful execution of multi-channel campaigns/programs across owned and paid media, including email, social, SEO/SEM.
- A proven track record of analyzing campaign performance, return on investment and identifying actionable insights to achieve crucial metrics.
- Enthusiastic problem solver who can improvise and think creatively while optimizing spend.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, ensuring high-quality results and attention to detail.
- High EQ and an ability to think quickly on your feet.
- A forward-thinking attitude. You proactively bring breakthrough ideas to the table. You have the ability to see and plan for what's coming next.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where consistently leveling up is the norm.
- A sense of excitement about solving complex issues in new ways.
- A strong eye towards driving growth, and are able to coach and nurture teams towards a high standard of excellence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly driven and proactive with strong project management skills.
- Have a roll-up your sleeves and get stuff done mentality.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what makes you a good fit for the position and how you can contribute to the team.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.