Director of Growth Marketing, Pressable
Pressable is a new breed of technology company: one-part WordPress managed Hosting and one-part services innovation empowering agencies to giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’s platform enhances WordPress with developer tools, cloud management, security, and analytics to build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, Inc, the brand also behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Crowdsignal, WordPress VIP, and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. Regardless of location, we engage the most brilliant minds and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.
Though separate from Automattic, positions with Pressable offer similar benefits and the flexibility to work remotely from (almost) anywhere in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a world-class marketer to drive our high-growth Pressable business.
In this new and exciting role, we’re looking for a marketing expert, technology enthusiast, and master of efficiency – someone with strong execution skills who knows how to define and execute our marketing strategy and ensure our performance is in alignment with our business goals.
You know this is a great fit for you if you have an entrepreneurial mindset or built a startup. Whether you're a seasoned entrepreneur with a track record of success, or an unsuccessful one who has learned from your missteps, we'd like to hear from you! You are hands-on and willing to experiment with numerous marketing avenues, both traditional and unconventional. You are a master of growth hacking and are willing to rapidly test opportunities to expand revenue.
As a Growth Marketing leader, you will need to act as an individual contributor to maximize impact as follows:
- Acquire new and incremental customers within desired cost guardrails
- Improve conversion rate through funnel optimization and message testing
- Optimize channel performance for paid media, email, referral, organic and more
- Expand revenue via targeted upsell and incentives to increase ARPU
- Discover new sources of growth by testing new marketing channels
- Drive global growth by developing regional and/or country specific growth tactics and strategies
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be responsible for thinking outside of the box to grow Pressable’s MRR business.
- You will follow lean startup principles to test, analyze, optimize, and scale strategies and growth efforts from the ground up.
- You’ll need to understand the full funnel, all the different marketing touchpoints, key messaging and value propositions, and customer audiences to pull together the most impactful strategies.
- You will routinely challenge and re-evaluate assumptions, data, and processes, and proactively identify new opportunities to excel or differentiate. Craft detailed and meaningful recommendations.
- Create and validate data-informed positioning, messaging, and customer segmentation strategies.
- Own and execute on your ideas – from crafting the messaging to building campaigns.
- Measure and track behaviors using a variety of tools. Provide detailed reporting on the impact of your growth marketing efforts.
- Drive measurable impact in conversion and sign-up rates through funnel optimization, testing, and experimentation.
- Collaborate with our team to drive digital marketing strategy across acquisition, retention, and other critical areas.
- Analyze user acquisition performance to enhance marketing budget allocation
- Identify and use key trends and opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate on all activities, including optimizing pages, focusing on experience, messaging, and CTAs, with our ultimate goal of increasing conversions.
Requirements and Experience
Deep expertise in the following areas will be vital for success in this role:
- Technical Knowledge - Proficiency of financial, mathematical and science based concepts for marketing applications, such as experiment design and incrementality testing. Strong analytical skills for funnel analysis and cohort-based performance reporting are essential. Technical skills around SQL preferred. Bonus points for experience with WordPress, GA (Google Analytics), PHP, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Channel Expertise - Should have a breadth of experience across multiple marketing channels including, but not limited to: SEO, SEM, CRO/LPO, paid media (social and display), and email lifecycle marketing.
- Analytical Capabilities: own and develop the measurement framework of how our growth strategies are impacting the business. You will report on the performance, measure attribution, measure estimated vs. actualized impact, and overall incremental impact to the WordPress.com business.
- Decision Making - Shows complexity in thought when considering resource tradeoffs in the pursuit of measured business impact. Acts as a highly strategic and inspirational leader within the team and among cross-functional partners. Can procure supporting data to make informed decisions. Familiarity with prioritization frameworks a plus.
- Communication - Ability to express complicated concepts in easy to understand method, with excellent written, oral, and illustrative communication styles. Listens to and considers alternative perspectives to identify the optimal path forward.
- Leadership - Mentors the team for continued professional development. Uplifts the morale of the team with a positive mentality. Love of learning is a huge plus!
- Project Management - Develops systems for accountability across teams and drives initiatives forward to completion, and measures estimated vs. actualized impact. All team members are encouraged to hone this skill as part of their responsibilities.
- Nice to have: Understanding and knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem is a plus, including but not limited to having built websites on the WordPress platform, being a member of the WordPress community, and/or understanding the various products and tools within the Automattic portfolio.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Be sure to proofread! We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try your best to make your application stand out.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.