Customer Success Manager, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional eCommerce Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help lead our largest customers in their journey with WooCommerce.
As Customer Success Manager, you will own, retain and grow a portfolio of our most strategic customers. In conjunction with WooCommerce’s goals and vision, you will ensure that customers maximize their business value from the use of WooCommerce’s products and services. You will understand customers’ business, their challenges and align resources to help customers attain their goals. You will work cross-functionally with internal teams, e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Support to identify necessary resources at each stage of the customer journey. You will maintain strong relationships with WooCommerce’s agencies and partners and leverage them to build even closer interactions with our customers. Success will be measured by customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion.
- Be the “trusted advisor” to customers and align our products and services to support theirs and WooCommerce’s strategic goals.
- Leverage your extensive eCommerce experience and expertise to guide customers in their eCommerce journey.
- Build a network of champions across the customer’s organization - technical, product owner, sponsor, and others.
- Support customers through their full journey from onboarding to expansion.
- Represent and champion the customer internally.
- Represent Automattic and WooCommerce and build awareness of our products and services in the customer’s organization.
- Build account plans to ensure a successful land and expand strategy.
- Build a comprehensive profile of the customer's health.
- Understand Automattic’s products and services and how and when to position them.
- Be resourceful and data-obsessed.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in Customer Success or Account Management.
- Have several years of eCommerce experience. Ideally at a large eCommerce company or platform provider.
- Demonstrated experience in a consultative, customer-facing role (CSM, management consulting, account management, professional services).
- Hands-on experience and a strong understanding of eCommerce products and ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quantify customer value, success, and health.
- Excellent executive-level written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in a distributed environment and with open-source software would be a plus.
- Must be located in North America.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the following question in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
Describe a challenging situation where you guided a customer through a successful journey. Who were the involved stakeholders? Was there an expansion? If yes, how did you close the expansion?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.