Corporate Development Manager, WordPress VIP
We are the company behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, and a host of other properties which comprise the most popular content management system on the planet. WordPress powers 40% of the world's websites, and we are looking for an excellent candidate to join WordPress VIP, the enterprise division of Automattic, and the leading provider of enterprise WordPress globally, trusted by brands like CNN, Facebook, and Capital One.
As Manager of Corporate Development you will play a leading role in building WordPress VIP, that will include:
- Work closely with our internal product and business teams to develop strategy, and help identify opportunities to grow our company and make WooCommerce, and Automattic, more successful.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify, assess, and prioritize new investment, acquisition, and business opportunities.
- Model and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities.
- Negotiate terms and work with our legal, finance, and operations teams to structure acquisition and investment opportunities, which are often complex, or cross border transactions.
- Lead the execution of our deals in a smooth, efficient manner, and play a key role in the seamless integration of the teams we acquire, to set them up for long term success.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2-4+ years of experience with a strong foundation developed in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, management consulting, or a similar analytical and financial environment.
- Experience with PaaS or SaaS businesses would be well regarded, experience in enterprise software is essential.
- Preference for candidates that can demonstrate end-to-end experience translating strategy into sourcing of acquisition targets, M&A / investment execution, and subsequent integration. Experience across at least one part of this lifecycle is a must.
- Has strong analytical skills and the ability to model complex business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Is detail-oriented and meticulous, and able to build on that foundation to provide high-level insights and strategic advice.
- Is proficient in data visualization and in communicating quantitative insights.
- Is highly self-motivated, and able to work with significant autonomy.
A passion for open source technology and enterprise software. An understanding of CMS, SaaS, and hosting environments is preferred. If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and you can be based wherever you live. A willingness to time shift as needed and travel ~6 weeks a year is important (once we’re able to travel again). We’re a distributed team, so good communication skills are a must.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please fill out our application form.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.