Human (Resources) Wrangler
Would you like to take part in building the future of our distributed workforce? Are you located somewhere outside of the United States, preferably in a UTC + time zone? Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing team of 650+ works from home (or any other location they choose), in one of 59 countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place. Check out our Work With Us page for more info on how we work, our development process, and benefits.
The Human League (externally known as HR) team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked, making each person feel welcomed, included, valued, and respected. We are looking for a Human (Resources) Wrangler to join our team and help scale our distributed model as we grow.
Some of your responsibilities will include managing global compensation, administering benefits programs, analyzing employee engagement data, developing learning opportunities and programs, being a strategic partner to Automatticians, and promoting labor relations.
Do you have:
- Experience with a lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software, internet, or creative startup?
- An insatiable curiosity for new technology, gadgets, and streamlined processes?
- Experience using WordPress?
- Experience working with remote team members?
- Experience implementing multinational compensation and benefits programs?
- Experience supporting team leads and team members through all aspects of employment (onboarding, coaching others, brainstorming solutions, managing performance improvement plans)?
- A passion for elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly?
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English?
- An ability to see opportunities to make the work environment better and the initiative to move forward with action?
Priority given to applicants outside of the United States. We are looking to expand our team and aim to reflect the diversity of Automatticians currently working with us.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. If your prior experience is within an HR specialty (i.e. Benefits, Compensation, Labor Relations) apply!
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions in your application:
- In one paragraph, describe your philosophy of HR, specifically addressing the balance between an HR employee’s responsibility to represent the company and the responsibility to advocate for team members.
- What’s your favorite HR tool and why?
- What’s the most compelling HR-related book you’ve read? Why?
- Tell us about an interesting HR situation you were involved in. What made it interesting to you? If the situation was an issue, how was it resolved?
We look forward to hearing from you!