Hiring Experience Wrangler (Software Developers)
We are lucky to receive dozens of applications for jobs at Automattic every single day. We work hard to make applicants’ experience fair, fun, and one to learn from. Our next goal is to make it even better, and scale the process to match Automattic’s growth.
This is where you come in. You:
- Are responsible for the end-to-end process for hiring software developers to make sure every applicant in every stage has the best experience possible. Contact applicants, follow up on coding test results, and organize trial projects. Requires excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- Work closely with the developers involved in hiring to brainstorm process improvements, schedule interview times, and follow up on applicants’ status. Keep everything highly organized.
- Become the ultimate applicant experience advocate, to make sure applicants think fondly of the time they spent in the hiring process with Automattic, even if we didn’t end up hiring them. Empathy is key.
- Lead our recruitment efforts to find developers who match our requirements, including initial outreach.
Bonus points for a technical background, experience recruiting senior developers, and coordinating teams remotely.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions:
- Describe in a paragraph or two the best developer hiring process, step by step, as you imagine it.
- Describe a developer hiring process that needed improvement.
- Tell us about a project or a process you managed of similar scale and importance.
- What questions do you have for us?