General Manager, Payments, WooCommerce
WooCommerce is looking for a world-class General Manager of Payments reporting into CEO, Paul Maiorana.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader passionate about payments, financial products, and commerce with a proven track record of successfully building world-class cross-functional organizations during periods of rapid growth. The Head of Payments will empower cross-functional team members, setting the tone for the team and driving towards results within a positive work environment. This individual will oversee a team of 40, with expected growth/expansion.
- Lead all things related to WooCommerce Payments product as well as payments partnerships.
- Build and scale a world-class payments platform to support growth and profitability.
- Develop a cross-functional team of payments professionals who are passionate about delivering a seamless and inclusive payment experience for customers.
- Drive strategy, goal setting, and overall performance for the payments business line, ensuring alignment to broader WooCommerce/Automattic goals and vision.
- Own and manage the payments business plan, roadmap, operating metrics and financial targets.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders across Payments to build consensus and drive decision making at the most senior levels.
- Serve as a company-wide expert and advocate for Payments and Financial Products.
- Foster a culture that promotes innovation, empowers individuals, values teamwork and collaboration, and delivers with quality and efficiency.
- Partner closely with engineering and other peer groups to drive operations and innovation.
- Leadership Experience – Proven success managing cross-functional teams in multiple geographic locations, within a rapidly-scaling organization; a blend of scale as well as high-growth experience.
- Growth and General Management – Strong commercial acumen with P&L exposure/experience as general manager or operational leader, working closely with growth and cost decisions.
- Industry Experience – Delivering payments functionality at a global scale, balancing the different needs and complexities of local markets with the requirements of global regulators and networks (PCI, Scheme Rules, AML, KYC, PSD2, GDPR, SOX, etc).
- Strategic Platform Leadership – Experience leading payments as a technology platform, setting a compelling vision and working with multiple independent business lines to ensure the roadmap delivers on their strategies and priorities.
- Commercial Enablement – Business thinking and the successful creation of opportunities to expand revenues, distribution, and the bottom line.
Put Customers First: Understands and shapes customer needs, creates distinctive value for customers and builds deep customer relationships.
Shape Strategy: Anticipates and interprets market change; envisions the future and decides on strategic priorities.
Inspire & Influence: Demonstrates influencing skills with an ability to operate at very senior levels in large organisations. A hands-on, self-starter comfortable working in environments without formal authority over people or resources.
Build Talent & Teams: Builds and develops talent and strengthens organisational capability.
Drive for Results: Can continuously improve the core and reallocate resources at pace to drive execution.
Disrupt, Challenge and Lead Innovation: Creates possibilities for new thinking. Experiments and collaborates across boundaries and invests in new ideas. A change agent with proven ability to lead change across an organisation in matters that require a major shift in thought/behaviour.
Agility: Demonstrates foresight, an appetite for learning and an entrepreneurial mindset.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please get in touch at Woocommerce@heidrick.com and include “WooCommerce” in your subject line.