At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 650+ Automatticians in 60 countries speaking 79 languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
On Automattic’s finance team, we spend every single day helping our company and our investors make better decisions. We build business analytics that make complex things simple. We give insight into Automattic’s worldwide operations, including by forecasting our businesses and their markets. We collaborate with leads across our company to improve performance. We do deals, including global M&A and financings.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have developed a strong financial skill set in investment banking, consulting, or a similar analytical environment.
- You are meticulous and able to master vast amount of details then build on that foundation to provide strategic insights and advice.
- You are fluent in the financial and operating metrics of software as a service (SaaS) or other subscription businesses.
- You are excited about working directly with large datasets and SQL.
- You are passionate about and experienced with lean, fast-growing, dynamic organizations.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills in English.
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- In one sentence, how would you describe Automattic’s business model to someone who isn’t familiar with the company?
- What is your favorite SaaS metric for a business like WordPress.com?
- Tell us about an analysis problem you enjoyed working on recently. Why did you like it?
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status.