The finance team here helps Automatticians make better decisions. The job historically has included building metrics that give actionable insights into WordPress.com and the rest of our global operations, deploying world-class analysis to take complex things and make them simple, supporting leads across our company in all thing numerical, and executing financing, M&A, and other transactions worldwide.
The ideal candidate:
- Is detail-oriented and meticulous, able to build on that foundation to provide high-level insights and strategic advice.
- Has a strong skill base developed in investment banking, consulting, or a similar analytical environment.
- Loves the idea of working directly with large datasets and SQL.
- Has a passion for and experience in lean, fast-growing, fast-paced organizations.
- Is fluent in the financial and operating metrics of software as a service (SaaS), subscription, or freemium businesses.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions:
- In one sentence, how would you describe Automattic’s business model to someone who isn’t familiar with the company?
- What’s your favorite SaaS metric for a business like WordPress.com? Why?
- Tell us about an interesting analysis problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting to you?