Executive Assistant to the CEO – EU based
At Automattic, we have the power to create opportunities for people in every corner of the earth. We offer people flexible and fulfilling careers with true impact and scale. It’s an exciting time to join Automattic. We are growing and expanding into new creative frontiers. Automattic is remote-first, and we embrace Distributed work – You could be on the outskirts of a jungle, living a nomadic life out of a van, in a major city or a small town that doesn’t have a central business district—as long as you have an active Wi-Fi connection, you can be an Automattician.
We support our Automatticians with phenomenal benefits including opportunities for Professional growth, an open vacation policy, generous parental leaves, wellness support, sabbaticals and more.
Our Executive Office team is at the forefront of all things Automattic, and at the heart of the operations that keep things humming. Our mission is to enable our CEO to do their best work, supporting a system that not only meets, but exceeds expectations. We strive to be a standout team.
The ideal candidate is located in a GMT timezone and energized by the prospect of tackling projects and solving problems both big and small. If you are super organized, appreciate the details, thrive under pressure, independent, reliable and believe that communication is oxygen, then this is the role for you!
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides administrative and project support, partnering with our Lead Executive Assistant. Our goal for this role is to fill the gaps and provide 24/5 coverage by adding additional EA support.
The right candidate will be creative and enjoy working in an active and dynamic environment. You exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You have a deep administrative skillset and are highly organized. You maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. You take initiative and are able to work independently on projects overseeing a wide variety of activities and demands while maintaining discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. You take pride in being nimble and enjoy rising to take on a challenge.
What you’ll do
- Partners with the Chief of staff and lead Executive Assistant to advise the CEO of pertinent issues, correspondence, internal and external messages requiring attention, and assists in the delegation and prioritization of tasks.
- Tracks, reviews, and drafts email correspondence as required.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and travel schedule working alongside our travel agent.
- Assists the CEO with the preparation of the materials and briefings for all meetings, events, and press engagements.
- Provides backup support for the Chief of Staff and other team members when on PTO.
- Maintains all aspects of the CEO’s busy schedule.
- Communicates regularly with the CEO to consult on work in process and upcoming priorities.
- Monitors and maintains CEO’s various tracking systems, keeping these up to date daily. Active project management engagement is key.
- Proactively endeavors to keep informed of activities, projects and initiatives in order to maximize information flow to the CEO.
- Provides suggestions to the Chief of Staff for planning, efficiency and workflow.
- Provides leadership by example to other administrative colleagues by upholding corporate procedures, and provides training and direction on technologies when effective and appropriate.
- Puts customer service as the guiding principle in all duties and interactions. Creates a professional, customer service environment for the CEO’s team.
- Works closely with the Chief of Staff and other teams within the company, to coordinate and prepare for all-employee meetings, events and other activities.
- Takes on additional administrative duties as required for the efficient, smooth and timely flow of work.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting executive-level management in an administrative capacity.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with experience in the creation and management of executive-level communications.
- Unflappable and demonstrates emotional acuity.
- Skilled in communicating effectively and concisely, internally and externally, with senior executives, their assistants, and employees across teams.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including the ability to draft correspondence and other communications with minimal direction.
- Listening skills; ability to understand assignments and complete them with little to no follow up.
- Collaborative and aims for “yes.”
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and use their own time to save time for others.
- Calm, friendly and professional demeanor at all times; diplomatic when saying no.
- Organized but flexible, anticipates change responding efficiently and quickly.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Technical proficiency is crucial along with the ability to pick up on new tools quickly.
- Act on multiple and changing priorities effectively.
- A personal commitment to a high degree of quality in work.
- Is both a self-starter and a standout teammate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple email inboxes and calendars across workflows.
HOW TO APPLY
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresentedgroups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.