Developer Advocate, WooCommerce
We are looking for the right person to lead developer relations for our world-class, open-source commerce platform, built on WordPress. You will be the primary interface between Automattic (the company behind WooCommerce) and the community who build in, on, for, and with WooCommerce.
Your customers will include individual developers and agencies creating WooCommerce sites for customers, as well as developers, designers, editors, accessibility experts and more who participate in the WooCommerce ecosystem through direct contributions to the core software, extensions to supplement and customize its functionality, and theme builders who help make WooCommerce stores look and work beautifully.
This is a full-time, “remote” role available anywhere in the world with a solid internet connection.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll increase the number of developers building on and for WooCommerce.
- You’ll measure and improve the reputation of, and sentiment surrounding, WooCommerce within the community.
- You’ll actively increase engagement between Automattic and the WooCommerce developer community.
- You’ll encourage adoption and acceptance of new and key technologies including Gutenberg, APIs, and WooCommerce Admin, by the community.
Broadly speaking, your day-to-day will look like this:
- You will actively engage with WooCommerce developers through participating authentically in face to face events (such as meetups, conferences, and hackathons) and social channels (StackOverflow, Facebook groups, community Slack).
- You’ll contribute to documentation (including client libraries, API examples, reference implementations, demo videos and more) and technical marketing material (email newsletters, webinars, etc in partnership with our Marketing team).
- You will solicit and collect feedback from all channels and bring it back inside Automattic to make it an actionable and visible ingredient in our product development process.
- You’ll engage with and educate developers on major initiatives around WooCommerce.
- You will track and improve important health indicators. This might include the size of the developer community, the adoption of specific initiatives, and general sentiment amongst our community.
- You have prior experience in a similar developer relations/advocacy role.
- You’re adept at communicating technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- You possess excellent written English communication skills, and a passion to use those skills in an educational setting.
- You are a self-starter, and very independent. In our distributed work culture, it’s important that everyone operates autonomously.
As part of our core development team, you will collaborate with multiple teams internally. You’ll represent the voice of external developers in all aspects of WooCommerce’s future.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Of note, if you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
What to Expect
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations upfront about our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!