Creative Director, Messaging
We’re looking for someone to lead our marketing messaging development for WordPress.com. The Messaging Director will help us take what is already a strong brand and establish a voice that motivates small business owners, bloggers, and others looking for a presence online to create a site on WordPress.com. Your work will speak to prospective and current customers across channels: email, our websites, display, social, search, video, podcasts, and more. You’ll work to provide messaging direction and actual copy at the strategic and campaign level to internal stakeholders and agencies / freelancers.
- Think in possibilities, not absolutes. We like to test a lot of different approaches, especially in the near-term, as we hone in on what works best.
- Appreciate data to help inform your work. We strive to iterate our messaging based on both knowledge of the customer and what we can learn in-market. So testing is not just trying to find something that works, but learning about why it works so we can make future efforts better.
- Work collaboratively by default.
- Roll up your sleeves and create, not just supervise.
- Experience developing cross-channel campaign concepts.
- Experience developing brand and campaign messaging, including display / social copy, video / TV scripts, podcast scripts.
- A background in advertising copywriting, either with an agency / freelance background or with specific experience in marketing to small businesses.
- Worked across different media, including several of those mentioned above.
How to Apply