Creative Director, Messaging
We’re looking for someone to lead our marketing messaging development for WordPress.com. The Messaging Director will help us take what is already a strong brand and establish a voice that motivates small business owners, bloggers, and others looking for a presence online to create a site on WordPress.com. Your work will speak to prospective and current customers across channels: email, our websites, display, social, search, video, podcasts, and more. You’ll work to provide messaging direction and actual copy at the strategic and campaign level to internal stakeholders and agencies / freelancers.
- Think in possibilities, not absolutes. We like to test a lot of different approaches, especially in the near-term, as we hone in on what works best.
- Appreciate data to help inform your work. We strive to iterate our messaging based on both knowledge of the customer and what we can learn in-market. So testing is not just trying to find something that works, but learning about why it works so we can make future efforts better.
- Work collaboratively by default.
- Roll up your sleeves and create, not just supervise.
- Experience developing cross-channel campaign concepts.
- Experience developing brand and campaign messaging, including display / social copy, video / TV scripts, podcast scripts.
- A background in advertising copywriting, either with an agency / freelance background or with specific experience in marketing to small businesses.
- Worked across different media, including several of those mentioned above.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, also include the following: Show us your favorite campaign you’ve created and tell us why it’s your favorite. What results did it drive?