As a developer here you’re responsible for Making Stuff Go. The job is tough to describe because it’s so broad, but historically it has included new product development from conception to implementation, high-volume and high-concurrency programming, and a MacGyver-like dedication to squashing bugs. We have a wide variety of projects and systems. Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language like PHP or Python. Low-level language experience is a plus.
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting programming problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products or their competitors’? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?