We’re looking for exceptional accountants who can work in one of the most unique and interesting accounting groups in the world. And we’re completely distributed! You will work alongside Automattic’s accounting team to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global business. All while contributing to the success of open source software, making the internet a better place. Here are just some of the things you’ll need the skills and passion to do:
- Work with auditors in multi-period audits and ongoing completion of schedules for quarterly and year-end audit work.
- Prepare and process month-end close related journal entries including detailed analysis to ensure critical reserves and accruals are appropriately stated.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly account reconciliations and related analysis for review.
- Take a lead role in special projects.
- Update and/or develop policies & procedures as needed.
- Manage outsourced staffing firms.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of four to seven years of related experience with at least two years at a public accounting firm. CPA license preferred.
Other accounting and finance positions include Finance Wrangler.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, tell us what you call a trial balance that doesn’t balance?