At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 750 Automatticians in 60 countries speaking 79 languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
On Automattic’s accounting team, we spend every single day helping our company and our investors make better decisions. We design and implement accounting policies and systems for a SaaS business with millions of subscribers in over 200 countries. We work with auditors in the U.S. and other countries around the world. We report our results, at a public-company standard, internally and to sophisticated institutional investors. We meet tax and other statutory obligations globally. We wrangle payroll. We do a lot of special projects.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a CPA or equivalent license and have at least four years experience including two years at one of the Big 4 accounting firms working on U.S. GAAP projects.
- You have worked within a software as a service (SaaS) or other subscription businesses.
- You have experience with complex revenue recognition challenges, particularly software and multiple element arrangements.
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills in English.
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- Tell us about an accounting problem you loved working on recently. What did you like about it?
- What is your favorite accounting joke?