User Interface Designer
The secret to our sauce? Combining high technology with great design. As a user interface designer at Automattic, you’re responsible for making sure the amazing things our engineers can build are easy to use and beautiful to behold. You’ll develop your original ideas from half-formed thoughts to wireframes, mockups, and front-end code.
- You can act as the creative force in a small interdisciplinary team, responsible not just for what a product looks like but for how it works.
- You’ve got experience designing web apps. Your work shows an uncluttered, focused approach to user interface design.
- You employ a refined, modern, clean visual aesthetic throughout all your work.
- You’re passionate about good typography, and love applying those principles to the web.
- You understand the mechanics of user testing and A/B testing, and the importance of a data-informed (not data-driven) design philosophy.
- You are skilled at giving and receiving design criticism and appreciate its importance in the creative process.
- You have a portfolio that reflects all of the above.
How to ApplyDoes this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a resumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following question in your email application:
1) Can you break down how comfortable are you with the following, on a scale from 1-10 (10 being expert): HTML, CSS?
2) What one single design that you can share a link or screenshot to are you currently most proud of creating?