Workflow Management Specialist
We’re looking for an experienced specialist to manage support tools and workflows within the 24/7/360+ operations of our Happiness organization. You’ll work closely with our Director of Support Operations, our Workforce Management program manager, and wider support leadership to ensure our tools and related workflows are optimized to fit the needs of customers, our business, and our support team.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective day-to-day usage of our support tools by our Happiness Engineers, as well as identifying and implementing opportunities for optimization within those areas. Your core focus will be to work closely with our Workforce Management program manager to guide a program of work across our Happiness teams that is in-tune with the needs of our customers, our business, and our Happiness Engineers.
- Working with a variety of in-house or vendor based customer facing tools.
- Working closely with workforce management specialists to understand workload forecasts and how those inform our support staffing needs.
- Comparing assigned schedule coverage and anticipated contact volumes to actuals and monitor the health of the routing and technical solutions.
- Making routing or workflow management decisions to address unexpected surges in contact volume.
- Determining the best way to adjust tools and staffing resources around to hit optimal service levels throughout the day and maximize HE core-work, project work, development, coaching, and training time.
- Analyzing existing workflows and improving them to improve the efficiency of our support offering.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in tools or processes to ensure the effectiveness of support teams, and cooperating with stakeholders across the business to drive the proposed improvements.
The day to day work involves:
- Working side by side with the Workforce Management program manager and our scheduling team to plan and implement needed workflow improvements across various tools on a both ad-hoc and project basis.
- Working with our Workforce Management program manager and stakeholders to improve how we configure and maintain our tools.
- Identifying opportunities for automation and working with related developer teams to implement those.
- Identifying opportunities for tooling improvements and collaborating with our operations team and/or external vendors to implement those.
- Identifying actions that could generate risk to our current operations and proactively communicating those to stakeholders.
- Overseeing the organization and timely addressing of basic, recurring tool administration tasks across contributor Happiness Engineers.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.