Through our WordPress.com VIP program, we provide support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web (Time.com, NY Post, FiveThirtyEight, NY Times, NFL, Major League Baseball, Reddit’s Upvoted.com, and hundreds more).
As a developer (aka VIP Wrangler) on the VIP team you are responsible for working with and advising our customers’ developers (e.g., reviewing code, making architecture recommendations, debugging, etc.), building and shaping our products as a software engineer, and just generally Making Stuff Go. Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Advanced proficiency coding with WordPress. Low-level language or systems experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be comfortable working primarily in a customer-facing role, including providing support and training to other developers.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers, reviewing code, and making recommendations on technique or approach.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keep our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.