The VIP team provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web such as Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
As some of the biggest brands on the web, our clients are often pushing the limits of WordPress. The VIP team works to help our clients get the most out of WordPress, doing everything from providing guidance, to reviewing their code to ensure security and performance, to developing new tools to help improve our platform.
We’re a diverse group of people from a wide variety of backgrounds who bring excellence in software engineering, communication and problem-solving skills to help our clients and partners do amazing things with WordPress. Our company is completely distributed, so we work from anywhere we can find a good broadband connection.
In a typical day you can expect to:
- Work closely with a client to advise them on the best way to structure their CMS, theme, feature or plugin;
- Review code and provide feedback and guidance to client developers;
- Troubleshoot tough problems that often deal with edge cases and WordPress internals at scale;
- Learn, laugh, and help out fellow co-workers in Slack.
Skills that come in handy:
- Advanced proficiency coding with WordPress.
- Experience with code security. You’re familiar with the items on the OWASP top 10 and know how to prevent them.
- Experience with code performance. You’re familiar with caching, algorithm performance, MySQL indexes and how to leverage them.
- Comfortable working primarily in a customer-facing role, including providing support and training to other developers.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers, reviewing code, and making recommendations on technique or approach.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keep our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. You’re comfortable prioritizing tasks and deciding what you should work on next.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Availability outside of traditional business hours. Our customers are global, and rely on us to provide expedient support, at any time of day.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions.
- Tell us some details about an interesting performance or security programming problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- How do you use our products or their competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?