VIP Revenue Accounting Operations – Team Lead
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing band of 1100+ works as a distributed team across more than 70 countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Revenue Operations Team Lead to join the team! You’ll be an integral part of the accounting team focusing on VIP, our fast-growing enterprise software business. As the Revenue Operations team lead, you’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing the invoicing, revenue recognition, and collections of our VIP business
- Managing the VIP accounting team and collaborating closely with other teams within the Accounting group
- Standardizing the contracting and order to cash process
- Documenting process narratives and implementing internal controls
- Collaborating with sales, finance, legal, and other key teams to ensure that contracts and renewals are compliant with accounting guidelines
- Ensuring the team can scale with the business by automation of processes and integration of systems
We’re a distributed company, so like all positions at Automattic, you can be based wherever you live.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 7 years of combined public accounting and private industry experience.
- You have a CPA or equivalent license
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the enterprise SaaS software industry as a billing manager or equivalent
- You have experience using NetSuite or other equivalent ERPs, along with Salesforce or other equivalent CRMs
- You love reviewing customer contracts and collaborating with other teams to help win customers
- You have an understanding of ASC 606 and how it applies to enterprise SaaS
- You are a team-oriented professional with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset, who promotes a collaborative team effort and celebrates team successes
- You are comfortable operating independently
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills
You have excellent verbal and written skills in English. You strive to communicate as much as possible.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- Tell us about the most impactful project you significantly contributed to or led. What did you learn from it?
- What is a difficult problem you can recall and how did you deal with it?
- If a revenue accountant and a sales representative got into an arm-wrestling match, who would win, and why?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.