Vice President of Business Marketing, Tumblr
In this role, you will be responsible for providing the Tumblr Brand Partnerships team with the marketing resources and collateral to amplify our value to our advertising partners.
Working with Tumblr’s Brand Partnership leads and cross-functionally with Consumer Marketing, Editorial, Creatrs, and Partnerships, you will craft our go-to-market strategy and tactical plan for brands. Moreover, you will own the creation of integrated brand solutions that clearly communicate the depth of the Tumblr community and breadth of solutions. The successful candidate must be a scrappy self-starter who demonstrates a proven business acumen and fluency of brand and B2B sales with a strong creative spirit. This human being must possess and share a deep appreciation and passion for the values that Tumblr has as an organization and that its communities embody.
- Build out programs and solutions for brands to meet their marketing objectives by tapping into the Tumblr community.
- Build comprehensive collateral that includes sales packages, audience insights, and vertical/industry value propositions. These will incorporate the breadth of Tumblr’s offerings including Creatrs (branded content) and Partnerships (content integration) as well as Live Event and Media offerings for the Brand Partnerships Team.
- Build out a “source of truth” for Tumblr’s demographic and audience data, sourcing insight externally (e.g., from comScore, GWI, SimilarWeb) as well as from internal data.
- Create bespoke marketing and sales packages that demonstrate the value and potential of the Tumblr community for brands.
- Create monthly updates and sharings with all relevant stakeholders.
- Update external marketing assets and sites. Manage and maintain a centralized and updated repository for active proposals, case studies, and sales assets.
- Proactively provide relevant and updated research to the Tumblr Brand Partnerships team.
- Partner with Marketing to make sure all sales materials and assets align with current Tumblr best practices and brand guidelines.
Qualifications + Skills
- A successful track record in sales, sales development, and/or sales marketing at a content-based media organization.
- Sales strategist who understands the social media / branded content / native ad landscape and what it takes to move the needle with clients.
- Strong understanding of brand, creative, and B2B sales.
- Experience in the entertainment industry and/or in-depth knowledge of the world of entertainment is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the Tumblr platform and/or previous experience partnering with Tumblr is a plus.
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to meet the needs of brand marketers.
- Deep understanding and proactive learning of current market trends, competitive offerings, and solutions.
- User- and community-experience-first orientation.
- Ability to be an industry-facing thought leader to project the innovative and exciting initiatives Tumblr is creating.
- Data-driven with strong quantitative and analytical ability as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A disruptor – someone who can positively challenge the organization and not adapt to the status quo.
- Strong people leader with integrity who aligns with the core values of Tumblr and Automatic.
- A true self-starter with the ability to be scrappy and manage and execute results.
- Independent, proactive, and with a can-do attitude.
- Fast-moving, collaborative, and transparent. It is impossible to over-communicate at Tumblr and Automattic.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1,200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please get in touch with Dany Berghoff (Dany.Berghoff@caa.com) or Eli Cherenfant (Eli.Cherenfant@caa.com) with Creative Artists Agency and include “Automattic” in your subject line.