We’re committed to providing the fastest and most reliable web experience out there, which means eliminating as many single points of failure as possible. We currently support 2,000+ machines in a dozen data centers and are looking for great developers to help us solve complex problems related to performance, security, and scaling.
If you have the following qualities, you should apply:
- Experience in systems administration and a deep understanding of how the basic web-related services (load balancers, high availability solutions, web servers, databases, caching daemons, etc.) work.
- Great programming skills and good knowledge of both scripting and compiled languages (especially PHP, C, and Bash). Kernel space programming experience is a plus.
- Previous experience programming on Linux. Must understand things like processes management, memory management, operating with sockets, and writing highly optimized code.
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Well versed in the best security and performance practices both with web and systems applications.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.