We’re committed to providing the fastest and most reliable web experience out there, which means eliminating as many single points of failure as possible. We currently support 2,000+ machines in a dozen data centers and are looking for great developers to help us solve complex problems related to performance, security, and scaling.
If you have the following qualities, you should apply:
- Experience in systems administration and a deep understanding of how the basic web-related services (load balancers, high availability solutions, web servers, databases, caching daemons, etc.) work.
- Great programming skills and good knowledge of both scripting and compiled languages (especially PHP, C, and Bash). Kernel space programming experience is a plus.
- Previous experience programming on Linux. Must understand things like processes management, memory management, operating with sockets, and writing highly optimized code.
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Well versed in the best security and performance practices both with web and systems applications.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions.