Solution Architect, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Solution Architect to help align our product with our largest customer’s eCommerce journey.
As a Solution Architect, you will be the product and technical lead for our largest and most strategic customers. You will work with Customer Success Associates to translate business needs into technical solutions. You will work cross-functionally with internal teams, e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Products, Engineering and Customer Support to identify the necessary resources needed at each stage of the customer journey. You will maintain strong relationships with WooCommerce’s agencies and partners and leverage them to build even closer interactions with our customers. Success will be measured by customer satisfaction, retention and expansion.
- Be the “trusted technical advisor” to the customer and align our products, services, and customizations to support their and WooCommerce’s strategic goals.
- Architect solutions that can scale to target performance.
- Work with customer technical and hosting teams to scale hardware, optimize code, distribute content, and cache to meet performance targets.
- Contribute customizations and fixes to the community and GitHub.
- Contribute findings and practices to the team, customers, and community.
- Work with products and engineering to prioritize releases and bug fixes. Collaborate with support to resolve raised customer issues.
- Understand Automattic’s products and services and how and when to position them.
- Know when to buy/download vs. build.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses.
- Proven experience as an architect and developer.
- Must have proven experience scaling large eCommerce and software solutions.
- Experience with GitHub and open-source software.
- Code contributor to the WooCommerce community.
- Experience and strong understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem.
- Experience architecting and hands-on development on a large eCommerce site.
- Excellent executive-level written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in a distributed environment is a plus.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the following question in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
Describe a challenging situation where you provided a creative technical solution to meet customer business objectives. Who were the stakeholders involved? Why was the solution interesting?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.