Automattic, Inc. is seeking a SEO Wrangler to oversee and evolve our natural search strategy and roadmap for brands like WordPress.com and Jetpack.com. You will work with internal stakeholders and outside agency / freelance partners and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help achieve strategic goals.
- Develop and execute a global multiple-domain SEO strategy for all Automattic brands.
- Oversee and manage projects and campaigns: ensure colleagues are properly briefed and updates/recaps are given in a timely fashion.
- Drive performance gains through continual optimization (A/B Testing).
- Continually monitor and report on organic rankings, visits, and sales.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, competitor analysis and audience research to determine strategy gaps and drive change and improvement.
- Contribute to the execution of marketing campaigns.
- Research and keep pace with white hat SEO industry trends and developments.
- Will have had 5+ years of experience in SEO Strategy with an emphasis on ROI based measurement.
- Has experience managing sites with 20+ million visits a month in multiple languages.
- Has working knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress.
- Has strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Is highly skilled in technical, offsite, and onsite SEO.
- Can efficiently plan and manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Has worked in changing, high growth environments.
- Is a results-oriented thinker.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you!