Senior Technical Recruiter (WordPress VIP)
WordPress VIP is an enterprise content platform providing consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
The WordPress VIP team is part of Automattic, the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We’re a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages.
We’re looking for a Senior Sales Recruiter to join our fully remote recruiting team for WordPress VIP. You’ll be responsible for identifying and recruiting extraordinary people to join our enterprise sales team. We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep recruiting experience in the North American market.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Diversity, Data, and People. As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you’ll join us on Talent Operations. Our division is responsible for everything to do with the experience of being an Automattician, from onboarding, performance and hiring. Within this division, you’ll sit on VIP Experience as a dedicated Technical Recruiter, focused on recruiting amazing technical talent for WordPress VIP, no matter where in the world they might be.
You will partner with stakeholders across the business and look after everything to do with hiring: process improvements, educating the hiring team on best practices, sourcing, talent pipelining, employer branding, and coordinating the entire recruiting process. We are very hands-on and active at each stage of the process.
We are a global division, with members based in Australia, the US, Taiwan and Europe. You can be anywhere, but bonus points for being on a continent or country we don’t yet have team members on.
You might be at an agency or working internally, either way you’re used to dealing with a high volume of candidates, screenings, sourcing and juggling multiple priorities, managing a warm pool of candidates and working with demanding clients that have high expectations. Whatever your journey, it’s important that you have experience facilitating the entire recruiting process, and are able to partner closely with teams, leads and the business to hire great Engineers.
Our creed resonates deeply with you and you are:
- Passionate about technology and how it’s built, and being part of the team that attracts and hires the best developers for Automattic and its products.
- The ultimate candidate experience advocate, ensuring candidates think fondly of the time they spent in any hiring process, even if you don’t end up hiring them.
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Keen to dive in and get your hands dirty and on everything. There is no task too menial.
- Someone who strives to understand the metrics behind what they do, to maximise efficiency, impact and continuously improve.
- A strong and creative sourcer.
- Technically savvy – we leverage a number of tools and platforms
- Passionate about Diversity and Inclusion.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated experience recruiting senior developers, from top of funnel, through to offer.
- A strong technical understanding of Engineering organisations and Engineering roles necessary to build digital products – web and mobile, working closely with Engineers to stay on top of business changes.
- Strong project management skills and a love for organization, including documentation.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to constantly be context switching.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
- A deep and thorough understanding of technical recruiting as a craft.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- Deep empathy for candidates and colleagues.
- Strong general cognitive ability.
Click “Apply for this Job”. You’ll be prompted to nswer the following questions in our application form. We read through all of these, so please go into as much detail as you like!
- Tell us about a time you used data to inform changes. Take us through the process and what the impact was.
- Tell us about a time when something didn’t go so well and what you learnt/what actions you took.
- What is something you don’t want to be doing in your next role?
- What questions do you have for us?
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.