Program Manager, Product Support
We’re looking for an experienced product support specialist to work within the 24/7/360+ operations of our Happiness organization. You’ll work closely
with our Director of Support Operations and with leaders across the company to guide and improve our product feedback practices.
Each month we have more than 100,000 interactions with customers across WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. We believe those represent thousands of opportunities to learn and to build a better product. You’ll be responsible for helping us turn those conversations into clear customer insights for our design, development, and marketing teams. Your core focus will be to guide a program of work across our Happiness organization that gives a clear and detailed voice to our customers, their challenges, and their successes.
We’re looking for someone with experience:
- Working across multiple product lines as part of a large (300+ person) support organization.
- Building efficient and effective reporting flows that deliver feedback from customer support interactions to product teams across the company.
- Working closely with product teams to understand what they need in testing and post-launch feedback efforts.
- Gathering and analyzing data to create a more holistic and customer-centric view of product usage.
- Balancing the need for quantitative measurement with the desire for clear qualitative feedback.
- Defining and reporting upon key metrics that evaluate how effectively products serve customer needs.
Proficiency with WordPress is nice to have, though not required. Bonus points if you have experience working on a distributed team.
As a part of our globally distributed team you can live anywhere in the world. Effectiveness in this role will mean occasionally shifting your working hours outside of 9-5 and across weekends to best coordinate with our global team.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
We’re accepting applications for this position through October 5th. Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself, attach a résumé as a PDF and attach a cover letter letting us know what you can contribute to the team, and answering the following questions – applications without these answers will not be considered:
- Tell us about a time where you’ve had to drive collaboration between support, product, and marketing teams. What was the biggest challenge there? How did you approach it?
- What role do you see customer feedback playing in a product’s improvement?
Please include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Of note, if you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.