Manager, Merger Integration (Corporate Development)
We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce and are looking for an excellent candidate to join the Corporate Development Team to lead our work in integrating the companies we acquire, and helping to make our newly acquired teams a success within Automattic. As Manager of Merger Integration, you will play a leading role in building up this function at Automattic, which will include:
- Working closely with our internal product and business teams to lead and support acquisition integration projects.
- Actively participating in the acquisition and due diligence process.
- Providing information on best practices for integrating new teams to Automattic’s product and business organizations.
- Translating business requirements into integration needs and dependencies, then developing related integration plans.
- Defining, tracking and communicating acquisition related goals across Automattic.
- Identifying and communicating integration priorities, and working with colleagues to define and execute integration plans in a distributed environment.
- Designing and improving our processes for integrating new teams into Automattic and documenting and evangelizing these processes for the company.
- Supporting post-merger performance tracking methodology.
- Preparing integration and performance review materials for a C-suite and Board level audience.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 4-6+ years of experience with a strong foundation in post-merger integration, developed either in-house or in an advisory business.
- Is detail-oriented and process-driven, and able to build on that foundation to develop actionable plans.
- A track record of successfully delivering high-value, high-impact projects.
- Experience delivering complex, cross-border and cross-functional projects.
- Is highly self-motivated, and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Attention to detail and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
A passion for open source technology and an understanding of SaaS businesses is preferred. If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and you can be based wherever you live. A willingness to time-shift as needed and travel ~6 weeks a year is important (once we’re able to travel again). We’re a distributed team, so good communication skills are a must.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following questions in your application:
- What acquisition target do you think Automattic should seriously consider in 2021?
- What accomplishment in your life are you particularly proud of, either personal or professional?