Want to help build the future of the workplace? Automattic is a place like no other. Our fast-growing team of more than 400 works from home, in one of 44 countries, to democratize publishing with WordPress and make the web a better place. See Work With Us for more info. Our People and Places team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked.
We have a “Lounge” in the South of Market neighborhood in San Francisco that is the anchor for our company and our global team. It hosts local team members for co-working, frequent guests, meetings with clients and partners, and events. We are looking for a Lounge Wrangler to manage this “home away from home” and be our indispensable office manager. The ideal candidate should enjoy creating a happy and healthy office and be excited about working independently to accomplish tasks and solve problems (no matter how big or small).
Things that will make you great at this role:
- Experience with a lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software, internet, or creative startup.
- A passion for technology and learning new systems. Google Docs and WordPress are daily apps. Comfort with Apple devices.
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams.
- A passion for elegant, simple solutions that keep operations running smoothly
- Boundless energy to follow up on open items daily and drive everything to its conclusion.
- Have a car, a smartphone, and the ability to lift things up to 40 pounds or so.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry.
- Manage a 15,000 square feet office space in San Francisco, including all vendors (HVAC, electrical, alarm, plumbing, IT, A/V, appliance repair, furniture, janitorial, plant care).
- Run day to day operations for local and visiting Automatticians and guests, including arranging regular grocery orders, stocking the on-site kitchen, etc.
- Assist with administrative needs including mail pickup / dropoff, receiving / sorting packages, corralling signatures, plus the occasional errand for local and visiting Automatticians.
- Order and maintain all office equipment (monitors, printers, internet, lighting, etc).
- Coordinate fulfillment center, including customized staff Timbuk2 backpacks, other new hire welcome packages, holiday gifts, swag, and holiday cards.
- Coordinate online merchandise store, including procuring new products, maintaining inventory, and managing shipping.
- Coordinate Manage Automattic & third party events.
Please only apply if you’re in the San Francisco area. Unlike other roles at Automattic, we’re not interested in any other locations for this role.